Thursday, April 29, 2010

Artist Statement

Filming for me has evolved from something that I used to simply think was fun, into what I find to be the greatest means of expression. You can use an incredible combination of images, words, and beautiful music to say what you want to say. For me this reel doesn't necessarily tell any kind of story that is rooted somewhere deep within me, but instead my hope for this reel was to gain a confidence in my ability to capture awe-inspiring images, so that I might be able to do so again in the future when my images have a story to tell, or a message to convey. Although, the purpose for my work doesn't always have to be clearly defined, it can simply be to inspire, and to appeal to the indescribable desire for beauty and imagination that all men and women carry in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment